There are a number of things you can do to engage with the planning process, particularly if you have cause for concern over a planning application:-

1. Make a comment on the Adur-Worthing Planning portal.   See attached guidance notes. (How to Comment on a Planning Application).

2. Approach your local councillor who can ask for the application to be ‘Called in’. It will then be decided at a full council planning committee meeting not by the planning officer alone.

3. Speak at the Planning Committee meeting hearing the planning application. You need to e-mail the Democratic Services Officer to say that you would like to speak.

4. Ask a question before any planning committee meeting. Meetings are usually monthly. You simply e-mail the Democratic Services Officer with your question at least 24 hours in advance and then ask the question at the start of the meeting.

It may seem a little daunting but The Worthing Society are there to help.